Your roof is the most important part of your home and understanding how to find a reliable roofing contractor is essential to ensure any repairs or roof replacements are up to standard. Here at Timeless Roofing Solutions, we are proud to be a one-stop shop for top-notch roof repairs, and pride ourselves in maintaining high standards of education about the latest developments in roofing practice, as well as offering exceptional customer care and quality workmanship. It’s because we care that we want the very best for our customers, which is why we’ve put together this guide on how you know a roofing specialist is qualified.
What Are Roofing Contractor Qualifications?
Each state has its own criteria for qualifications and standards. The best place to start your search for a roofing specialist is your state directory. When you’re choosing, consider the following questions:
- Is the contractor experienced?
- Is the contractor licensed to work in your vicinity?
- Are they insured?
- Are they subject to a bonding agreement should you need to file a claim?
- Can they provide sound references?
- Can they provide an estimate?
What Sort of Services Does a Roofing Contractor Offer?
Again, this can vary from company to company. Many roofing contractors will offer the following:
- Roof inspections – checking for leaks or damage
- Roof repairs
- Preventative maintenance schedules
- Insulation services
- Installation of ventilation
- Roof cleaning – removal of moss and mildew
- Sealing services
- Removal of snow and ice
Some roofers also offer guttering services – if they do, it’s worth engaging the same contractor for a complete roofing solution.
I’ve Found a Roofing Contractor I Like – How Do I Hire Them?
The first thing to consider is how you feel about the team who’ll be working with you. They’ll be part of your life for a little while, so it’s important you feel comfortable. Hiring a great roofing contractor needs a little more than intuition though, and we recommend asking the following questions:
- What type of roofing do you offer?
- Do you have a license to work in my area?
- Can you work with my insurer?
- What type of professional insurance do you have?
- Do you have a selection of recent references?
- Do you offer a no-obligation estimate?
- Will you give me a written estimate?
- Will your work be covered by a warranty?
- What do you do if the weather turns?
- How do you keep things on schedule?
- What happens to old materials? Is the cost of disposal or recycling included in the estimate?
- How do I pay? What finance options do you offer?
Making the Decision
After all this research, it’s time to make your decision as to which roofing contractor is right for you. Once you are sure they have the correct qualifications and licensing for your state, and you are happy with the answers they’ve given to your questions, you should be in a position to hire with confidence. It’s always worth choosing the best quote you can afford, as well as choosing a contractor you feel happy and confident to work with.